New to the blog?

Go here to start from the beginning...

Have any tips on how I can get my Gmail account back? Leave me a comment!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The fun continues!

I had all but given up hope on hearing back from scumbag, since he stopped e-mailing me around noon on Saturday. However, having e-mailed him again last night, I received the following reply:
Me: Son, were you able to get the money I sent? I'm worried that someone else got it instead of you. Please reply!

Scumbag: No Dad western union told me the MTCN should be 10 Digit number so please check the Receipt or you should go back to the western union and have it..because western union told me without the # i can't get the money. Waiting to hear back from you Dad
Now, I've decided that I need to be extra careful. I don't want a hacker to get this information!
Me: I found another number on the receipt. However, I don't want to just send it by e-mail. You've told me many times that I shouldn't send important information like that by e-mail, because someone could hack into my account and read it, and then you, my dearest son, would not get my money and would still be stuck in London. Since you are the computer expert, what do you suggest? -Dad

Scumbag: Thanks for the Advice Dad can you please give me here now no one will got it.
Time to crank it up a notch:
Me: Son, just to be on the safe side, from now on, I will be e-mailing in our secret language:

Iyay eallyray on'tday inkthay it'syay ayay oodgay ideayay orfay emay otay e-mailyay youay ethay onfirmationcay umbernay irectlyday. Youay avehay alwaysyay oldtay emay atthay Iyay ancay evernay ebay ootay arefulcay ithway atwhay Iyay endsay inyay anyay e-mailyay. Ywhay areyay youay otnay ollowingfay youray ownyay adviceyay otay emay? -Adday

[Translation from Pig Latin: I really don't think it's a good idea for me to e-mail you the confirmation number directly. You have always told me that I can never be too careful with what I send in any e-mail. Why are you not following your own advice to me? -Dad]

Scumbag: Tatay Walang isa kumuha ang aking Account Hacked ii maintindihan kung ano ang iyong pag-iisip ngunit ito ay tunay masiyahan pahintulutan ako may akin ang confirmation number.

[Translation from Filipino: Daddy No one with my Account Hacked i understand what you're thinking but it is very please let me have my confirmation number.]
It's amazing how the bad grammar even comes through in the translation! Anyway, keeping with the "secret" language and playing it safe, I reply:
Me: Iyay ememberedray atthay youay avegay emay ayay ebway itesay otay useyay otay ecurelysay e-mailyay informationyay otay youay. Iyay owknay atthay youay illway ememberray ethay itesay, osay Iyay avehay encodedyay ethay onfirmationcay umbernay usingyay isthay itesay andyay avehay istedlay ityay elowbay. Iyay amyay illstay otnay omfortablecay endingsay ethay onfirmationcay umbernay. Iyay owknay atthay youay illway understandyay, ymay onsay.

##### Encrypted:
ZZZZZ WTGRK IANLA AEPTR GBHTT SFRUO ADHEG TFLEU DJNAC QEFPS BVSAD EGBJX XOKRB KMTGV OFMMG JATKF OHXAK RNFRD GAALQ UGEXU ODIKT KXEHT GSVWW VQFFI SPAJV REXJD KRVFV QBAQM LISTC QPEJG KNFUM MOIKD JVORT SHUQD JCXDU WOPAM KJQWP PUKNL PKDSM NCTNF PKFNI SGFVF QAOKS UIFIX DRGTS BTDTI DNWPW DKWID EQRTU BEQLR SUUAS GGGAQ HPMJM JHFDI JVRNJ VTAAO WOBQV GTIKQ IWRXS LGUIO BWLMV LIIPL RKXPH QTQDJ VAMPS RNJRO TDDPO FCWTL HKMIL MAPOD SUHNV SBEQF RHHFH MIJFF PKQRS VHOPL AXIJA OXJPT LCQBX XOGOE KRUIK PEGQW SDTOU SXUIW PGEXI KVGLO VKPXS RUTRF JVXWK GASCX CFWDQ WKRUC EAVQV FDMPO PHUCQ NNFWH IWKLG PKKEI HXXTG EJHDT KBDGA KSIWP IAOLE TWOTJ BCHUP RUPLS HMLCC CXHQG LMIFL LDHQI FOHAK VDEHX TMOLD BMOMW UJEGP WLGDC CBFXW WWFHQ DROWT RPSDG VMRJM VFPHL VICJG SORMI SEKTP ABOAD JVVRV HNCWL KFWBM WPNRT RTFIM QUHDF WDJRV KVIHQ GREOT VGMUH NTXHN MATFN WIUKP SJDHJ MFXSD EPMKS IAGDE PWGVF XGSHC JJMLC NMICC VEMLG CZZZZ YYYYY
##### End encrypted message

Eykay: JXEGO-GBVUX-ZWJDC-VBYXU-PNSIJ-JCBNI-YMZYG-TBAJF-VCMMB-IMFSD-VHTET-XPSZZ

[Translation from Pig Latin: I remembered that you gave me a web site to use to securely e-mail information to you. I know that you will remember the site, so I have encoded the confirmation number using this site and have listed it below. I am still not comfortable sending the confirmation number. I know that you will understand, my son.]

[Unencrypted message: This is just a random message with no significance whatsoever. If you actually figure out how to decode this message, I will be thoroughly amazed. How ridiculous can I be in pretending to help you before you figure out that I'm totally gaming you? Or do you already know and are just enjoying the fun? I'll probably never know.]
To encourage him a bit, I also sent this separate e-mail:
Me: Son, did you get my secret message? Let me know if you were able to decode it! -Dad
We'll see if I get a reply...I'll admit that it's gotten a little ridiculous, but he's been playing along so far.

UPDATE: OK...I'm about to lose him, so we're going to pull back on the craziness a little bit:
Scumbag: Dad if you can't help me out please forget it...i will for another way out

Me: No son. I want to help you, but I am paranoid about someone else getting this number. I will e-mail each number to you in a separate e-mail and in reverse order. That way, it will be harder for them to get. Your dad is still pretty smart, isn't he? Look for ten e-mails shortly. -Dad
Now...let's see what he does when he gets those e-mails, but only gets nine numbers! (Each line below is a separate e-mail.)
Me: 2
Me: 9
Me: 4
Me: 4
Me: 8
Me: 6
Me: 9
Me: 1
Me: 8
Keep spreading the word about Google's lack of concern about hacked e-mail accounts! Share this blog.

Read Part 4!

3 comments:

  1. There should be some way that Google can find this scumbag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should create another gmail account and act as your "cousin". You could tell him to meet somewhere! :-)

    OR tell him to call you...

    Thanks for posting updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, this scumbag could be anywhere in the world. I suspect that he's nowhere near London.

    ReplyDelete