New to the blog?

Go here to start from the beginning...

Have any tips on how I can get my Gmail account back? Leave me a comment!

Monday, June 7, 2010

This guy just doesn't give up...

I'd pretty much written scumbag off and figured that he took his ball and went home. I baited him last night with this e-mail, but not really expecting a response.
Me: Son - did you get all of the numbers? Remember, I sent them in reverse order to be a little tricky! -Dad
So, I was rather surprised this morning to see this e-mail from him in my inbox:
Scumbag: Dad i can't get the money and the MTCN is not complete( 819-684-492) please get back to me with the full 10 digit number and the Amount,
While I did contemplate chastising him for e-mailing back the confirmation number to me (minus a digit and actually in the right order), I figured that wouldn't go over well with him. I figured I would play the old, forgetful father:
Me: I've misplaced the receipt and I'm trying to find it now. Did you not get all of my e-mails?

Scumbag: OMG!!!! i went to the western union and they told me the Confirmation is not completed...Kindly check it well and get back to me so that i can get myself out of this mess.Waiting to hear from you
What is he, like a valley girl, or what? Oh my gosh! This was just begging for a parental rebuke!
Me: Son- First of all, I have been putting up with your atrocious grammar and punctuation. Even though we sent you to that exclusive boarding school and paid for you to go to Princeton, I know that the younger generations are all into this texting and abbreviating everything they write. However, please do not use your silly texting abbreviations with me. I do not know what "OMG" means. What do I need to fix the confirmation? Since you have been there a few days now, were you able to get in touch with Paul and stay with him? We never were able to find his number. -Dad

Scumbag: what i need now Dad is the confirmation...that's all
He's all about the confirmation number. Where is the love? Now, I'm at work, so I can't be feeding this troll all day long, so I had to come up with something to get him to twiddle his thumbs for a while:
Me: I'm searching for the receipt, but I can't find it. I'm going to go back to Wal-Mart and see if they can get it. Sorry.

Scumbag: Ok Waiting
Oh, you'll be waiting buster...you'll be waiting for a while if you expect to actually hit paydirt with your old man, trust me. So, a good three hours later, I finally replied:
Me: I just got back from Walmart. Unfortunately, without my receipt, they were unable to help me. They did insist that you should be able to just give your name and show your passport and receive the money. Are you sure that you need the confirmation number? Can you try this please before we rip the house apart looking for this receipt?

Scumbag: look Dad i don think u wire me this money they told me if i dont have the confirmation number that i can't pick any money that i shoun't come back to this store any more..please Dad if you dont have the confirmation don't email me again.
Thanks
I sense frustration, so I meet his frustration with some more fatherly sternness:
Me: Look son, I've wired the money to you through the Western Union at the Walmart. If I could find the receipt (I'm still looking, trust me), I'd e-mail the confirmation number or whatever you call it. Are you sure that you're actually going to Western Union and not getting confused with another money wiring service? Even though you graduated magna cum laude from Princeton, you never were the brightest when it came to details. Do this -- take a picture of the Western Union store you're going to and e-mail it to me, just so I know that you are going to the right place. While you're at it, give me the name of the clerk you've been talking to and the phone number and I'll talk some sense into him! -Dad
As of now, I haven't heard back from him, but undoubtedly, I'll goad him on with another e-mail tonight and he'll be back for more. He can't resist! More to come???

No comments:

Post a Comment