New to the blog?

Go here to start from the beginning...

Have any tips on how I can get my Gmail account back? Leave me a comment!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

He's back for more!

Just when I had given up on all of the fun, I got this e-mail from my new friend in London:
Scumbag: i just want to confirm if you have the cash wired already..?
And so began this morning's e-mail exchange, which is still continuing. Not sure how much longer I can string this jerk along:
Me: I'm trying to send you the money, but Western Union keeps telling me that this is not a valid address. Please help!

Scumbag: Dad am really confussed right now please can you give them this Address #51 Whitehall London, SW1A 2BX United Kingdom this is the western union outlet i will have the money pick up please do this fast Dad my flight will leave in 1 hours now.
I'm really confussed, too. Wasn't he supposed to be catching his flight yesterday? Anyway, it continues:
Me: The web site says that I can only send up to $999.99 today. That won't be enough. You needed $1500 yesterday and I'm sure you need even more. I don't know what to do!

Scumbag: Dad have it Wire i will see what i can do with that..waiting to have the confirmation number.
Seems like he's really interested in the confirmation number. Now, at this point, I was seriously considering sending him a $1.00. I went to Western Union's web site and went through the process and there was even an option to have a message read aloud. Many devious thoughts went through my head, but when I saw that it would cost me over $25 just to send a $1.00, I quickly gave up that thought (OK...I did ponder spending the $25 for a little while, but just couldn't do it). Anyway, back to the fun:
Me: How, how will I know that you will get it and not someone else that pretends to be you. I don't want send all this money and then not have you get it!

Scumbag: Thanks Alot Dad and i thanks god i still have passport to have it here no one can have the cash pick up becuase it's was sent to my name, let me have the confirmation number so i can have it and sort everything out. Many Thanks
He's overdoing it with the gratitude. I'm all about having an attitude of gratitude, but dude, you're going overboard. He didn't forget to ask about that confirmation number, though!
Me: Just got back from Wal-Mart. Decided to do it in person. They didn't give me a confirmation number, though. They said that you just need to show up at that Western Union location and give them your name and they would be able to give you the money.

Scumbag: No Dad they said i will have confirmation to confirm the transfer for me which is MTCN you can check the Reciept you will find the MTCN there please do this fast Dad.
I apparently didn't respond quickly enough to him, as he e-mailed me a few minutes later:
Scumbag: Are you still there Dad?
Time to play up the father-son relationship a little bit...
Me: They didn't say anything about this MTCN. I was told that you just need to give your name and show your passport. Are you trying to argue with me now?

Scumbag: No Dad i just get back from there and they said i should have MTCN before i can pick up any money please check the Reciept or you should call the western union back and ask them.
OK...let's start giving him numbers from a fake Western Union receipt (see here) and see where this goes.
Me: OK...I'm looking at my receipt and at the bottom is this number: AKR9379AD
I'm currently waiting for his response. I'll post an update when we get a little further along!

Read Part 3!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you are good. Can't wait to see how this plays out! I'm so sorry this happened to you, I have tears on my eyes too (snort), but this is hilarious. I would love to be a fly on the wall when he realizes he's been had. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, by the way, I am considering cancelling my gmail account. Their response is absolutely ridiculous. Once again, I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I'm also grateful you are sharing your experience with the world so that we can "wise up". Hopefully Google will, too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete